How To Prevent A Swimming Pool Filter From Getting Damaged
A swimming pool filter is one of the most important equipment in a swimming pool. It helps keep the pool clean and safe to swim in. However, it is one of the equipment that can get easily damaged if not well taken care of. Below we will be discussing some tips on how to prevent a swimming pool filter from getting damaged.
How to prevent a swimming pool filter from getting damaged
- Run it only when necessary- the more the swimming pool filter keeps running the more the chances of it getting damaged either by debris or due to normal wear and tear. It makes no sense therefore to have the filter running when the pool is not in use. Sometimes the pool can stay idle for a long time and having it running doesn’t make sense.
- Have a regular a schedule for cleaning it- it’s important to have schedule for cleaning the filter instead of doing it randomly. This helps to have it in tip-top condition every time.
- Have and follow a swimming pool cleaning schedule- one of the best ways to keep your pool in safe condition is having a regular cleaning schedule and following it. This helps reduce the work load of the filter and prevents amount of debris like sand that the filter has to deal with.
- Cover the swimming pool when not in use for a long time or during stormy weather- during cold seasons or rainy and stormy seasons, swimming pools are not in much use especially if they are not the heated type. During such times it is important to have the pool covered to prevent debris from falling into the pool. It also helps rainy water that affects the PH balance of the pool from getting into the pool.
- Redirect runoff water away from the swimming pool- runoff water can contaminate the pool with dirty water that has sand or other debris and contaminants. Redirecting this runoff water away from the pool helps to prevent it draining into the pool and as a result contaminate it.
The above tips on how to prevent a swimming pool filter from getting damaged will help you get maximum life out of the filter and help you save on the overall cost of repair and maintenance of your pool. It’s also very important to follow the instructions of the manufacturer to help prevent the damage.
Swimming pool construction services
Do you need affordable swimming pool construction services? Watertech is a leading swimming pool contractor in Kenya. We construct swimming pools for private homes, learning institutions, hotels, public facilities and any other establishment that need a swimming pool. Get in touch with us today to book a site visit or inquire more about our services. You can also visit us in Ruiru, Kimbo Toll Station next to KenolKobil petrol station now called Rubis.